Monday, May 18, 2009

Last week of School

School lets out this week! Yay! I get 2 months of not having to get up at the crack of dawn to get my kids to school 30 miles away. I really don't mind the drive, just getting out the door by 7 AM.
Another bonus is that most kids with Juvenile Migraines can go off their meds in the summer, so there's a possibility that there will be no headaches for my son. I think his having a few months of remission will do wonders for him, although he's been doing very well since his last medication change. Also since the grade books closed.
The kids are all looking forward to their vacation. We have friends coming to visit for a fair amount of the summer, as well as my in-laws. I think we will be pretty busy. The kids will have plenty to do too, between helping with the garden (we got it out of the pots and into the ground) and playing around the yards and the tree house. We usually have a mandatory reading time during the day, when it's hottest out they have to come in and read for a while. Some days we do movies. The only thing they haven't realized they will be able to do is play with the hose; but they might have written that off since you CAN NOT run around in bare feet around here because of the goat heads and other thorny things. I guess they forgot about their surf socks. I guess I will have to point that out to them. Just another fun thing to do. I should probably pick up some water pistols too.

No comments:

Post a Comment