Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's been forever

I know it's been forever since I posted. With work, the kids home for the summer, our vacation and summer semester at college, I've been running my head off. The summer semester is almost over, the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks, and I start a new semester. Also, there have been some big shake-ups where I work and a lot of people seem to be upset. I'm okay with most of it, but I do have an issue with people who take everything personally, even when it has nothing to do with them. We have one that goes gonzo anytime something happens and it doesn't even reflect on her. She drives me nuts, but I guess I have to deal with it.
On Monday I have my Algebra final, and I think I will do okay on it, my score in the class it abysmal according to the website, BUT, the score was calculated based on the total score ALL the work, whether you have done it or not, not by how you did based on what you've done so far. In other words, until all my work is in I think my score is bogus. I have 70% of the work completed, and a 60% in the class. Some how I think if the total were weighted I'd be doing much better, so I have decided not to let the grade bother me at the moment. 60/70=85, or a solid B. So, I am going on that theory for a while. It gives me the guts to keep studying for my final on Monday.
My other classes are fine. I have good solid grades in them, so as long as I do okay on the finals I'll sail through. I don't even need to take the final in one class, it's optional, but I will since I think it will raise my grade.
My kids are excited to go back to school. My oldest is going to be a Junior. I have a hard time with this, she's going to be out of school and out of the house in no time it seems. My youngest is going into 4th grade, she's one of the "big kids" at her school now. My middle girl will be in 8th, and my son in 10th...in October he can take his permit test. I will have to kids that will be able to drive. This is nuts! But, it's the way it goes. C is planning on which college to go to now that she can start taking her SAT's. A has known where he wants to go for years, and D is now deciding, in the 8th grade! Either I did something right, or I have pushed way too hard. Although I don't think I really pushed, they know what they want to do and how to get to do it. One wants to be a therapist, one a vet, and one an engineer (as in space shuttles). I guess if they know how to get what they want it's a good thing.
I, on the other hand, do not know. I know what I want to study, but I don't know what I want to do with the degree when I get it. There are a lot of choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment