Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of School!!

Yet again, school has begun. The buses are rolling and the homework brigade is out. All the kids seem excited to be back at it. The older ones are happy with their schedules, since they have classes and lunch with their friends, and the youngest is happy because her music teacher wasn't cut over the summer. She is bugged about one thing though: with 6th grade added to her school and taken from the middle school, she can't go out for a sports team since it's supposed to be the oldest two grades at her school. I think that she'll find out differently though.
I have two weeks before I have to go back, then I hit the ground running. A couple of weeks after that my schedule at work changes and I'll be going to work at 5:15am and getting schoolwork done before the kids get home. Tomorrow DH and I have to go out and get a bunch of supplies that the kids didn't know that they would need after today. C needs a graphing calculator, and only a specific type will do (they're $90, on sale!!). The rest need special notebooks, dry erase markers, more pencils, pens, special colored highlighters, etc. I know I like good supplies as much as the next girl, but could they just consider sending out lists a little ahead of time? They were able to get my older kids their summer reading lists, why is it so tough to get us a supply list?
Okay, rant over. I'm excited about my classes this semester, like Bio and Humanities. I also have Sociology class number 3....all about family relationships. This could be enlightening. Humanities is about pop culture and Bio is about the environment. I'm most excited about Soc, but with the other two I feel like I'm having fun getting the requirements out of the way.
Off to bed...have to get up early to shop...It tool 3 memo slots on my phone to hold the list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment