Sunday, August 22, 2010

School begins for me tomorrow....

And one of my assignments is to create a blog for my humanities class. So, I have another one. It's at http://catshumanitiesblog.blogspot.com if anyone is interested in seeing what amounts to a school assignment, but who knows, maybe it's more interesting than this.
I am now into year two of my middle-aged college experience, and while I don't think I missed much by not going in my twenties, I do wish I had more time to devote to school so I could get this degree before my daughter, who's a junior in high school, gets hers. I might make it, but I don't think so. Once I can handle a full course load it will go faster, but first I'd have to quit my job and I don't really want to do that just yet.
Our air-conditioning died the other day and we are frying. AZ with no air is kind of miserable. We have a swamp cooler, but with it being monsoon season it's too humid for it to work very well, so we are just using the blower for a breeze. It's not working very well at cooling off the house. I'm about to melt.
My youngest had her birthday yesterday and now all my kids are in double digits. I think it's safe to say there are no small children left in my house. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one side I'm in the home stretch, so to speak, but on the other there is not so much of the cute funny stuff. Now it's all about learner's permits, then licenses, late nights and college board exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment