Monday, April 19, 2010

Days off aren't always off.....

I had today off. It was one of my regular days off, but I ran around so much I almost may have well gone to work. First we took Oldest Daughter to the MVD to take her permit test, and she flunked for the second time. I really miss when schools taught driver's ed, I think it made thing easier for us.I had to take it to graduate, but now most schools don't have the money so a skill kids will really need is no longer taught.
After the MVD we took the kids (teacher in service day) and went to do some shopping before we went to a movie. We saw Clash of the Titans, and I think I liked the old one better. It relied more on story and less on CGI tech to make the movie worth watching. I miss older movies, they seemed to do more with what they had to work with.
Then we got home around 4:30pm and everyone went their separate ways. We did fend for yourself for dinner, since we had a big lunch while we were out. I ended up teaching Son and Middle Daughter how to make popcorn....the old way, in a pan. Middle Daughter's first try almost burned the house down, we are still smelling the smoke, but we did eventually have popcorn. Between coming home and the popcorn I worked on my Algebra homework.....as soon as I develop the courage I have to take a test. I dread this. The test is supposed to be on the first half of the chapter, but the online program doesn't seem to think so. I have been trying to learn the last half of the chapter but it's not going well, which is annoying since when it was only the first part of the chapter I had a shot at getting an A for the first time in a while where this class is concerned.
Another thing I did was register for my Summer semester classes. I am taking my next Algebra class, Music of World Cultures, and Human Sexuality. All are required for my degree, but the last one is the only Sociology class available online this summer, except for the one I already took. (My major is sociology, so I have to take something) I am going away for a week this summer with my in-laws, and taking my schoolwork with me, and this is one of the things I'm studying. Why couldn't it have been something else, like family relationships or something? DH's whole family is going to be up there, his two sisters, brother, brother-in-law, father and stepmother. I guess I had better put a cover on the book or get ribbed to the end of the Earth about 18-year itches. (DH and I have been married for that long)
I wok tomorrow night, and before I go in I need to work on my English paper and do some History. I got an A on my first History paper, now I need to write my second and get some other stuff done. I love school, but I really need to get on the ball here. At least if I tank the next few assignments I'll still pass. I want to keep the A and B I have however, since math is at best going to be a C. Right now all I know is that it's almost 10pm and I'm still doing schoolwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment