Saturday, April 17, 2010

Okay, so I've been a little neglectful.....

Maybe a lot neglectful. Between work and school and kids and other stuff I just didn't take the time to write. I also thought no one would be interested. No one has been in the past. but, that's not the point of this. I started this to have fun, and I think for me fun had gone to the wayside for a while.
Today was interesting. I as changing the bed and since I use a water bed frame with a regular mattress, this involves hoisting the mattress up to get the fitted sheet around it. After got the sheet on I let the mattress drop, and there were a bunch of scratching sounds coming from under it. Our cat had jumped in while the mattress was up. Poor thing, had I known he was there I would not have put the mattress down without getting him out first.
Last night was a mom thing, we went to see the school play to cheer on our daughter, who had a single line in the show. Now, the whole family is out for another kid's school function and I am getting ready for work. My day off is tomorrow and I can't wait. In order to get last night off I traded shifts with someone and worked from 5:30am until 2, then went to the play later on and finally got to bed around 11. Screaming kids woke me at 7 am, so I need at least one more night to catch up. Don't let people with big kids fool you...they don't get to sleep on weekends either. They just want you to think they do so people with very young children will see a light at the end of a tunnel. The light at the end of the tunnel is when they move out.
Don't get me wrong. I love my kids. It's just easier when they let me get enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment