Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just life in general.....

Another day off, and I took an extra since my MIL is here. I've seen her once so far, but she'll be here today, and my Dad is coming to dinner, so it should be in interesting evening. She was here Thursday when I got home from work, and that was off the charts. My son met me in the driveway to tell me his best friend's mother died, and then while I trying to give him support I walk into the house and see my daughter sitting on the couch, very disgruntled, with enough foil in her hair to pick up cable, while MIL continues to weave more blonde into it. It's very hard to have a straight face when you see that, and I had to considering my son still had his arms wrapped around me and was still really upset.
I laughed. Son was upset until I pointed out I was laughing at his sister, and Oldest daughter was upset since she wasn't sure she wanted the weave anyway. Things calmed down after a few minutes and Son and I spent a few minutes talking in his room before I went and spent some time with MIL. She left about an hour later. She wasn't here when I got home tonight and I think I like that. I'm ready for her today.
The school semester is almost over, so while I have the time off I have to get some history and math done. I need to pass the class I'm in to go to the one I registered for, so I have got to study. I know I'll make it, but I'd like to do a little better. It will be a little tougher with MIL here, but I think I'll have some time in the mornings because she really takes her time getting ready. Like 4 hours worth. No, that's not an exaggeration. If her hair isn't perfect she starts all over again washing it and so forth. So I will have time to get things done before we see her.
I'm also glad I'm getting the extra day off. It has the bonus of shortening next week as well as my having an extra day to myself. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Sometimes you just need a break. I don't get "bank holidays" or any holidays really, we are open every single day. If you work a holiday you get overtime, but if it's your regularly scheduled day you have to be there. So, no real holidays. Doesn't bother me too much most of the time, but you need a day here and there to decompress, hence, taking my personal days. It helps that I don't get sick often so I have them for this. I think the only sick day I took was when Dad ended up in hospital having his appendix out.

No comments:

Post a Comment