Thursday, February 19, 2009

Octomom

So she's in hiding. Good. She should be. I mean really, 6 kids, on food stamps, but children are so important to her that she has enough savings to have more. What about feeding the ones she has? California taxpayers will end up footing the bill for the babies hospital bills, for embryos that Nadia really couldn't afford to implant.
I realize that this is a medical procedure, and it probably can't be legislated the same as adoption is, but shouldn't you have to prove you have the means to raise that many kids before you are assisted in having them? I'm not talking about reproductive rights, I'm talking about how ethical it is to implant 6 embryos in an unemployed woman with 6 kids, even when she has the cash to pay the bill.
I find it very ironic that she could afford to have this done but can't afford to feed the kids she has without help from the state. Aren't those kids important to her?
Maybe I'm odd, but if I was unemployed, and on food stamps, I'd be hanging on to those savings for something important, like maybe keeping a roof over my head. The house Nadia lives in hasn't had a payment made on it since May 2008, and she and those kids are going to be homeless if they don't figure a solution soon. 14 kids will be out on the street, 8 of them infants, and no money.
But Mom had enough money to give the 6 kids she has 8 baby siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment